Reiki teachers or Masters advertise in many magazines and also post notices at health food stores, new age bookstores and other places. Once you find a Reiki teacher or practitioner you are interested in receiving training or a treatment from, it is a good idea to ask them some important questions. Here are a few that will give you additional information to make a choice.
- How long have you been working with Reiki? What training have you had? How often do you teach? How do you personally use Reiki? What is your lineage?
- What qualifications are required to take Reiki Training?
- What do you cover in your classes? How many hours of class time is included? How much time is instructional, and how much is hands on practice?
- What are the specific things I will be able to do after taking the training?
- What are your fees, and will I get a certificate and a manual?
- Can I take notes and tape record the class?
- How many symbols will I learn?
- Is there a Reiki support group in my area or can you help me establish one?
- Will you openly support me in being a successful Reiki practitioner or Master?
- Do you have a positive respectful attitude toward other Reiki practitioners and Masters regardless of lineage or affiliation?
Be aware of how you feel about their answers and if they are responding in a loving manner that is supportive and empowering. Listen to your heart and you will be guided to the right teacher or practitioner.