ICRT Licensed Reiki Master Teacher Program
Please note that the ICRT is an accrediting body and membership organization. Our Licensed Reiki Master Teachers (LRMTs) are licensed to use our name and our logo as an indication that they are members of our membership association. They are not employed by the ICRT and teach their classes as independent business people responsible for scheduling their own classes, collecting class fees, and setting up class locations etc.
Licensed Reiki Master Teacher Training Program Overview
The Licensed Reiki Master Teacher Training Program (LRMTTP) is an advanced course of study for licensure as a Reiki teacher with the International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT). Applicants must apply and be accepted into the program in order to begin the training. The training requires approximately 1000 hours of study and practice which usually takes 3-4 years to complete. The curriculum is designed specifically for Reiki Masters who wish to dedicate themselves to teaching and practicing Reiki on a higher professional level. Some of our teachers operate healing centers. All maintain an active Reiki practice and are committed to empowering others through the use of Reiki. While each student teacher will be assigned a mentor to work with, our program is actually structured so each student teacher becomes an apprentice to the Reiki Energy itself. The following is an overview of the program. To download the 46 page program manual, click this link: LRMT Program Manual.
- Licensure means you will be licensed by the International Center for Reiki Training to use the ICRT logo and name on your web site and in your advertising and the ICRT Licensed Reiki Master Teacher (LRMT) program class certificates to give to your students.
- The licensing program unfolds gradually. First you will become licensed to teach Reiki I&II, then Reiki Master and finally Karuna Reiki® with each segment taking about 1 year.
- Your classes will be listed in the Reiki News Magazine and on the reiki.org Classes page.
- Most teachers find that by becoming a LRMT, their class enrollments double or increase even more than this.
- The authorization to offer continuing education credits to massage therapists for Reiki I and a certificate of completion for health professionals to turn into their boards for potential credit.
- Having a mentor to guide you and the full support of the ICRT and all its resources.
- Having an advanced credential which demonstrates your commitment to your professional Reiki practice.
- Professional recognition through LRMT listing on the Reiki News Magazine, the Reiki Membership Association website and on the ICRT website.
- Belonging to an established community of Reiki teachers who support one another in the continuing process of advancing the highest ideals of Reiki and the ICRT.
- Use of the Center’s LRMT logo in your personal advertising.
- Association with a professional organization that is respected and has international recognition.
Requirements to Apply
- Be a teaching Reiki Master for a minimum of two years before applying and have taught a minimum of 8 classes.
- Be a Professional Member of the Reiki Membership Association for at least one year.
- Have completed the ICRT Usui/Holy Fire® III Reiki I & II, Usui/Holy Fire® III Reiki Master and Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® Master training with an ICRT Licensed Reiki Master Teacher.
- Have attended the International Reiki Retreat (Labor Day weekend) and participate in the Licensed Teacher meeting to acquaint you with the other Licensed Reiki Master Teachers as well as the benefits of the program.
- Have a current Reiki practice where you are doing a minimum of 10+ in person sessions a month.
- Pay an application fee of $300.
Requirements after being accepted into the program
Requirements to teach Usui/Holy Fire® III Reiki I and II
- Teach 6 Reiki I and II classes, with a minimum average of 3 students each or a total of 18 or more students during the first year after acceptance into the program.
- Complete 100 Reiki treatments (after acceptance into the Licensing program) and submit documentation of each using the ICRT Reiki Treatment Documentation form.
- Have 10 different clients submit reviews of the Reiki treatment they received from you.
- Pass a written test over material you need to know to teach a Reiki I, II, Reiki Master and Karuna class according to the ICRT’s guidelines and your knowledge of other related information concerning Reiki.
- Write a paper on the Reiki subject of your choice with a minimum of 1500 and maximum of 2000 words on double spaced pages.
- Review a Reiki I and II class within 6 months before co-teaching Reiki I and II.
- Sponsor a Reiki I and II class and co-teach it with your Mentor Teacher.
- Agree to stay up to date with the upgrades to Holy Fire® Reiki as they are available.
- Pay a monthly fee and other fees.
Requirements to teach Usui/Holy Fire® III Reiki Master
- The LRMT must teach a minimum of six Reiki I & II classes. Each class should have a minimum average of 3 students for a total of 18 or more students.
- Teach a minimum of 3 Reiki Master classes with a minimum average of 3 students for a total of nine or more students as an independent teacher.
- Review Reiki Master within 6 months before co-teaching Reiki Master.
- Sponsor an Reiki Master class and co-teach it with your Mentor Teacher.
- Pay a monthly fee and other fees.
Requirements to fulfill to teach Holy Fire® Karuna Reiki®
- The LRMT must teach a minimum of six Reiki I & II classes as a Licensed Reiki Master ICRT Teacher. Each class should have a minimum average of 3 students for a total of 18 or more students.
- Teach a minimum of 3 Reiki Master classes with a minimum average of 3 students for a total of nine or more students as an LRMT.
- Teach 3 Holy Fire® III Karuna Master classes with a minimum of 9 students as an independent teacher
- Review Karuna within 6 months before co-teaching Karuna.
- Sponsor a Karuna class and co-teach it with your Mentor Teacher.
- Pay a monthly fee and other fees.
After you have read the LRMTTP manual, contact Colleen Benelli at email@example.com or Karen Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Your first step will be to complete a questionnaire to determine your eligibility to apply to the program. Send your questionnaire to email@example.com along with a statement agreeing to have your credit card charged $100 to evaluate your questionnaire.
LRMTs at Silver Bay, NY Retreat
Licensed Reiki Master Teacher
Training Program Manual
A 46 page manual is available for downloading. See the bottom of this page for instructions. This manual details the program requirements, benefits and application process and includes the questionnaire and application forms.
Due to the volume of inquiries we receive, we are no longer able to accept phone calls, or answer general questions on the phone about the program. If you are interested in our program, please download the manual and read it first before sending us any questions. However, once you have read the manual and are interested in applying, it will be possible for you to contact our Program Directors, Colleen Benelli or Karen Harrison by email or phone. They will be happy to help you. Their contact information is in the manual, so please download and read it if you are interested.
If you meet the numbered list of qualifications at the top of this page, you may be a candidate for our Licensed Reiki Master Teacher Training Program. After thoroughly reading the manual, your next step will be to fill out an online Questionnaire that has a link located on page 14 of the manual.
Download the Program Guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do I have to take all my classes from a LRMT? I already have training from another school.
A. Yes. This is because our teachers are required to teach the ICRT program. The only way to learn how to teach our program is by attending our classes.
Q. Will you make exceptions for teachers who have a lot of experience?
A. We cannot make exceptions to any of our program requirements. This is because we offer CEs and CEUs to professionals. This accreditation requires us to assure the associations who offer credits that all of our teachers have identical training. Our ability to maintain our CE/CEU provider status depends on this. However, we do value your previous training.
Q. How many applicants are accepted each year?
A. We are currently accepting 5 new applicants a year.
Q. Will there be someone to help me through the program?
A. Yes, you will have a mentor/teacher, and you will also receive assistance from our Program Director and Administrator. We are here to help you.
Develop Your Reiki Practice
Please click here to access 16 free articles.
Once you have become a LRMT you can use the ICRT logo in advertising, business cards, on their web site, or other locations associated with their Reiki practice as long as they included the following:
- The logo must have the ® next to it similar to the way it is on page iii in the front of Reiki, The Healing Touch.
- The logo must also have the phase: ® Registered Service mark of the International Center for Reiki Training. This must be located somewhere on the same page or location the logo is placed. The font size can be smaller, but at least large enough to read.
- Use of the words: The International Center for Reiki Training
The ICRT name can be used by LRMTs to indicate one’s affiliation with the ICRT in advertising, business cards, on their web site, or other locations associated with their Reiki practice by stating: Affiliated with The International Center for Reiki Training or Licensed Reiki Master Teacher with The International Center for Reiki Training or words to this effect.*
- See additional Copyright/Trademark information here.
* Requirements for using the ICRT name and logo by Center Licensed Teachers.