ICRT Licensed Reiki Master Teacher Program
LRMT Student Teacher Program Availability: Up to fifteen student teachers are in the LRMT training program at any one time. While completion of our program is limited by access to our senior licensed mentor teachers, remember licensing is not necessary for you to be a quality teacher of Reiki. If you wish to dedicate your life to becoming a Reiki Teacher, we encourage you to pursue Master Teacher training through our LRMTs, become a professional member of the Reiki Membership Association and begin your teaching and Reiki business as first steps.
The Licensed Reiki Master Teacher Training Program (LRMTTP) is an advanced course of study for licensure as a Reiki teacher with the International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT). Applicants must apply and be accepted into the program in order to begin the training. The training requires approximately 1000 hours of study and practice which usually takes 3-4 years to complete. The curriculum is designed specifically for Reiki Masters who wish to dedicate themselves to teaching and practicing Reiki on a higher professional level. Some of our teachers operate healing centers. All maintain an active Reiki practice and are committed to empowering others through the use of Reiki. While each student teacher will be assigned a mentor to work with, our program is actually structured so each student teacher becomes an apprentice to the Reiki Energy itself. The following is an overview of the program. To download the program manual, click here: LRMT Program Manual.
- Licensure means you will be licensed by the International Center for Reiki Training to use the ICRT logo and name on your web site and in your advertising and the ICRT Licensed Reiki Master Teacher (LRMT) program class certificates to give to your students.
- The licensing program unfolds gradually. First you will become licensed to teach Reiki I&II, then Reiki Master and finally Karuna Reiki® with each segment taking about 1 year.
- Your classes will be listed in the Reiki News Magazine and on www.reiki.org.
- Most teachers find that by becoming a LRMT, their class enrollments double or increase even more than this. Classes may be taught in-person or online, expanding your reach.
- The authorization to offer a Certificate of Completion form for potential credit towards CEs for health professionals.
- Having a mentor to guide you and the full support of the ICRT and all its resources.
- Having an advanced credential which demonstrates your commitment to your professional Reiki practice.
- Professional recognition through LRMT listing on the Reiki News Magazine, the Reiki Membership Association website and on the ICRT website.
- Belonging to an established community of Reiki teachers who support one another in the continuing process of advancing the highest ideals of Reiki and the ICRT.
- Use of the Center’s LRMT logo in your personal advertising.
- Association with a professional organization that is respected and has international recognition.
- A curriculum that includes: business comprehension and organization, marketing, technology, teacher skills, practitioner skills, healing issues that arise, and success consciousness.
Requirements to Apply
- Be a teaching Reiki Master for a minimum of two years before applying and have taught a minimum of 8 classes.
- Be a Professional Member of the Reiki Membership Association for at least one year.
- Have completed the Usui/Holy Fire® Reiki I & II, Usui/Holy Fire® Reiki Master and Holy Fire® Karuna Reiki® Master training with an ICRT Licensed Reiki Master Teacher at the current upgrade level.
- Have attended the International Reiki Retreat online or in-person and participate in the Licensed Teacher meeting to acquaint you with the other Licensed Reiki Master Teachers as well as the benefits of the program.
- Have a current Reiki practice where you are doing a minimum of 10+ sessions a month.
- Have a computer and a website. Be proficient with Word, be able to attach documents to an email and access and store documents in the cloud. Answer emails within 48 hours.
- Have taken Holy Fire® III Online training and be able to teach Reiki classes online.
- Complete a business assessment on Google Forms that will be sent to you.
- Pay an application fee of $500.
Requirements After Being Accepted Into The Program
Requirements to teach Usui/Holy Fire® Reiki I and II at the current upgrade level
- Teach 6 Reiki I and II classes, with a minimum average of 3 students each or a total of 18 or more students during the first year after acceptance into the program. It is optional to teach 2 ICRT Animal Reiki I and II classes with up to 6 students as part of this requirement.
- Complete 100 Reiki treatments (after acceptance into the Licensing program) and submit documentation of each using the ICRT Reiki Treatment Documentation form.
- Have 10 different clients submit reviews of the Reiki treatment they received from you.
- Pass a written test over material you need to know to teach a Reiki I, II, Master and Karuna class according to the ICRT’s guidelines and your knowledge of other related information concerning Reiki.
- Write a paper on the Reiki subject of your choice with a minimum of 1500 and maximum of 2000 words on double spaced pages.
- Review a Reiki I and II class before co-teaching Reiki I and II.
- Sponsor a Reiki I and II class and co-teach it with your Mentor Teacher.
- Agree to stay up to date with the upgrades to Holy Fire® Reiki as they are available.
- Pay a monthly fee and other fees.
Requirements to teach Usui/Holy® Fire Reiki Master at the current upgrade level
- The LRMT must teach a minimum of six Reiki I & II classes. Each class should have a minimum average of 3 students for a total of 18 or more students. It is optional to teach 2 ICRT Animal Reiki I and II classes with up to 6 students as part of this requirement.
- Teach a minimum of 3 Reiki Master classes with a minimum average of 3 students for a total of nine or more students as an independent teacher. It is optional to teach 1 ICRT Animal Reiki Master class with up to 3 students as part of this requirement.
- Review Reiki Master before co-teaching Reiki Master.
- Sponsor a Reiki Master class and co-teach it with your Mentor Teacher.
- Pay a monthly fee and other fees.
Requirements to teach Holy Fire® Karuna Reiki® at the current upgrade level
- The LRMT must teach a minimum of six Reiki I & II classes as a Licensed Reiki Master ICRT Teacher. Each class should have a minimum average of 3 students for a total of 18 or more students. It is optional to teach 2 ICRT Animal Reiki I and II classes with up to 6 students as part of this requirement.
- Teach a minimum of 3 Reiki Master classes with a minimum average of 3 students for a total of nine or more students as an LRMT. It is optional to teach 1 ICRT Animal Reiki Master class with up to 3 students as part of this requirement.
- Teach 3 Holy Fire® Karuna Master classes with a minimum of 9 students as an independent teacher.
- Review Karuna before co-teaching Karuna.
- Sponsor a Karuna class and co-teach it with your Mentor Teacher.
- Pay a monthly fee and other fees.
After you have read the LRMTTP manual, contact Colleen Benelli at firstname.lastname@example.org or Karen Harrison at email@example.com with questions. Your first step will be to complete the Licensed Reiki Master Teacher Program Questionnaire to determine your eligibility to apply to the program and pay an administrative fee of $100. This Google form is available online at https://forms.gle/mPxmb9xKdPp2uFTG7. You will receive a response to your questionnaire and be notified if you are invited to apply. Contact Tammy@reiki.org to pay the fee.
LRMTs at Sedona retreat 2023
Licensed Reiki Master Teacher
Training Program Manual
A comprehensive manual is available for downloading. See the bottom of this page for instructions. This manual details the program requirements, benefits and application process and includes the questionnaire and application forms.
Due to the volume of inquiries we receive, we are no longer able to accept phone calls, or answer general questions on the phone about the program. If you are interested in our program, please download the manual and read it first before sending us any questions. However, once you have read the manual and are interested in applying, it will be possible for you to contact our Program Directors, Colleen Benelli or Karen Harrison by email or phone. They will be happy to help you. Their contact information is in the manual, so please download and read it if you are interested.
If you meet the numbered list of qualifications at the top of this page, you may be a candidate for our Licensed Reiki Master Teacher Training Program. After thoroughly reading the manual, your next step will be to fill out an online Questionnaire that has a link located on page 14 of the manual.
Download the Program Guidelines
Download the International Program Options
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do I have to take all my classes from a LRMT? I already have training from another school.
A. Yes. This is because our teachers are required to teach the ICRT program. The only way to learn how to teach our program is by attending our classes.
Q. Will you make exceptions for teachers who have a lot of experience?
A. We cannot make exceptions to any of our program requirements. However, we do value your previous training.
Q. How many applicants are accepted each year?
A. We are currently accepting 5 new applicants a year.
Q. Will there be someone to help me through the program?
A. Yes, you will have a mentor/teacher, and you will also receive assistance from our Program Director and Administrator. We are here to help you.
Develop Your Reiki Practice
Please click here to access 16 free articles.
Once you have become a LRMT you can use the ICRT logo in advertising, business cards, on their web site, or other locations associated with their Reiki practice as long as they included the following:
- The logo must have the ® next to it similar to the way it is on page iii in the front of Reiki, The Healing Touch.
- The logo must also have the phase: ® Registered Service mark of the International Center for Reiki Training. This must be located somewhere on the same page or location the logo is placed. The font size can be smaller, but at least large enough to read.
- Use of the words: The International Center for Reiki Training
The ICRT name can be used by LRMTs to indicate one’s affiliation with the ICRT in advertising, business cards, on their web site, or other locations associated with their Reiki practice by stating: Affiliated with The International Center for Reiki Training or Licensed Reiki Master Teacher with The International Center for Reiki Training or words to this effect.*
- See additional Copyright/Trademark information here.
* Requirements for using the ICRT name and logo by Center Licensed Teachers.