by William Lee Rand
There are many people teaching Reiki classes now. Some are highly qualified and may be just the right teacher for you and others may not have the right energy for your needs. So, the question is often asked about how to choose a Reiki teacher that is right for you. Here is a list of questions to ask any Reiki master who you are thinking about taking a class from.
- How long have you been working with Reiki? What training have you had? How often do you teach? How do you personally use Reiki? What is your lineage?
- Will this training initiate me into, or progress me within the Usui lineage? If not, then which lineage is it a part of?
- What qualifications are required to take Reiki Training?
- What do you cover in your classes? How many hours of class time is included? How much time is instructional, and how much is hands on practice?
- What are the specific things I will be able to do after taking the training?
- What are your fees, and will I receive a certificate and a manual?
- Can I take notes and tape record the class?
- How many symbols will I learn?
- Is there a Reiki support group in my area or can you help me establish one?
- Will you openly support me in being a successful Reiki practitioner or master?
- Do you have a positive respectful attitude toward other Reiki practitioners and masters, regardless of lineage or affiliation?
Be aware of how you feel about their answers and if they are responding in a loving manner that is supportive and empowering. Listen to your heart and you will be guided to the right teacher.