Standards of Practice
- Use ICRT manuals when teaching your classes. Supply one manual per student. Manuals must be purchased from the store.
- Professional members, supply the RMA certificates for your students.
- Professional members use the title of Professional member of the RMA or Professional member of the Reiki Membership Association in their advertising and literature. Affiliate members use the title of Affiliate member of the RMA or Affiliate member of the Reiki Membership Association in their advertising and literature.
- Reply to all Reiki related e-mail and voice mail in a timely way.
- Use a client information form and session documentation form in your Reiki sessions (available under Resources and Downloads).
- Create a safe, comfortable, harmonious space for your sessions and classes.
- Training including Attunements, Placements and Ignitions may be given in person or online.
- When teaching Reiki classes, use only the RMA Reiki symbols as drawn by Mrs. Takata for Reiki II, the Master Practitioner symbol and the Holy Fire® symbol for Reiki Master which are in the Reiki Master manual. No symbols are taught in Reiki I.
- Include time for lecture, discussion, demonstration, practice time and questions and answers in all your classes.
- Reiki I & II can be taught together (Hayashi style) or separately according to teacher preference.
- In the Usui/Tibetan style, ART and Master can be taught separately or together as one class. In the Usui/Holy Fire® and Usui/Holy Fire® II style classes, ART and Master can be taught separately or together as one class. In the Usui/Holy Fire® III classes, ART and Master are taught together as one class called Usui/Holy Fire® III Reiki Master.
- Require that a student have practiced at the Reiki II level for a minimum of six months before taking ART or Reiki Master.
- Use the RMA class outlines. Additional topics can be taught at teacher’s discretion.
- Minimum class times. The lower number is for small classes of 1-3 students and the longer time is for larger classes.
Reiki I – 5-8 hours
Reiki II – 5-8 hours
Usui/Tibetan ART – 5-8 hours
Usui/Tibetan Master – 10-16 hours
Usui/Tibetan Art/Master 15-24 hours
Usui/Holy Fire® Reiki Master – 15-24 hours