Registered Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® Teacher Program
It is not necessary for you to register with the Center. Your class certificate comes with a pre-registration number and seal which your teacher will give you at the end of class. If you intend to teach, please see below.
The purpose of the Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® Registration Program is to ensure the integrity and preservation of the Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® system by requiring that all teachers use a common core curriculum, including identical symbols, ignition procedures and standardized teaching materials grounded in a code of ethics. The intended result is that the value and essence of Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki Holy Fire® IIII Karuna Reiki® remain intact.
There have been other healing systems including Seichem Reiki, Tibetan Reiki and especially Usui Reiki, where over the passage of time substantial changes were made, either deliberately or by accident by many people resulting in a multitude of ways that each of these systems is being taught. Yet, they continue to go by the same names even though in many cases the changes have resulted in a significant alteration of the original energy and value of the system. As a result, the name that is being used for the system does not adequately identify what is being taught.
While The Center acknowledges as a matter of its fundamental principles the value of all Reiki practitioners and schools, The Center also believes there is value in maintaining the integrity of the Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® system. As a result, shortly after the development and naming of Karuna Reiki® in 1995, The Center trademarked the name “Karuna Reiki” with the United States Trademark Office and have extended this Trademark to many countries around the world. We took this step to protect the name so that it will always represent the same training and the same healing system. Therefore, when you advertise and teach Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki®, people will recognize it as a quality training.
Teaching Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki®
If you decide to teach you’ll need to register and purchase manuals with Center certificates from the ICRT. In order to register you are required to agree with our minimum teaching requirements and our code of ethics. You can register by downloading the registration form.
Advertising Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki®
The words, Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® are a registered trademark. If you advertise Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® sessions or classes or otherwise use the term Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® in any printed material such as on business cards or your web site, you are required to use the ® symbol next to the name Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® in all advertising and indicate that Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® is a registered trademark of The International Center for Reiki Training. Also see Copyright & Trademark Information.
Registered versus Licensed
The Registered Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® Program is a different program than our Center Licensing program. If you are taking the Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® training, there is no further training necessary. If you are taking the Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® master class, you will be qualified to teach at the end of the class. The Licensing program is more involved and requires at least 1 year of training including taking all the Center classes, reviewing them, co-teaching them with a Center Licensed teacher and more. Learn more about our Licensing Program.
Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® Code-Of-Ethics
- Be actively working on your own healing so as to embody and fully express the essence of Reiki in everything you do.
- Be in agreement with and working to fully express the Usui Ideals, the Center Philosophy and the Center Purpose.
- Be open to the continuing process of enhancing your professional qualifications, training, experience and skills.
- Respect and value all Reiki practitioners and masters regardless of lineage or organizational affiliation. Refrain from making negative statements about other Reiki practitioners or masters.
- Actively be working to create harmony and friendly cooperation between all Reiki practitioners and masters regardless of lineage or organizational affiliation.
- Encourage all students to use their inner guidance in deciding who to receive Reiki sessions from or who to study Reiki with including the possibility of studying with more than one Holy Fire® teacher.
- Openly encourage all your clients and students to do the best job possible with the Reiki program they are guided to use.
- Always work to empower your clients and students to heal themselves and to encourage and assist them in their personal growth as well as in the development of their Reiki practice.
- Always treat your students and clients with the greatest respect. Never engage in any illegal or immoral activity with your clients or students. Never touch their genital area or breasts, never ask them to disrobe, and never make sexual comments, jokes or references.
- Abstain from the use of drugs or alcohol during all professional activities.
- Practice Truth in Advertising. Be willing to openly discuss your training background, what is offered in a Reiki session, the subjects covered in your Reiki classes, the fee that is charged, and the amount of time spent in sessions or classes with any prospective students.
- Never use another person’s copyrighted material in your classes without permission and giving credit.
- Educate the client regarding the value of Reiki and explain that it does not guarantee a cure, and is not a substitute for medical or psychological treatment.
- Acknowledge that Reiki works in conjunction with other forms of medical or psychological care. If a client has a medical or psychological condition, suggest, in addition to giving them Reiki treatments, they see a licensed health care practitioner if they are not already seeing one.
- Never diagnose medical or psychological conditions or prescribe medications. Never suggest that a client change or end dosages of substances prescribed by other licensed health care providers or suggest the client change prescribed treatment or interfere with the treatment of a licensed health care provider.
Minimum Teaching Requirements
- Use the same Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® symbols taught by The International Center for Reiki Training and that appear in the ICRT Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® manuals.
- Use the same Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® attunement(s) and Ignitions taught by The International Center for Reiki Training and that appear in the ICRT Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® manuals. The attunements and Ignitions must be done in person. Distant attunements or Ignitions for initiation purposes are not part of the Karuna Reiki® program. For further information, please see the article on distant attunements.
- Use the Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® manual(s) offered by the Center as your class manual and provide one for each student. You must purchase these manuals from the Center or from one of our representatives - no photocopying is allowed. These manuals are sold at a discounted price to Registered teachers when purchased in lots of five or more of the same title.
- Explain the Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® trademark and registration information to students, and obtain properly completed forms.
- Issue the Center pre-numbered certificates to your student’s that are supplied with the Center manual. If your students intend to teach, explain the process of downloading the registration form, filling it out and sending it to the Center which will allow them to purchase manuals and pre-numbered certificates. Let them know that this does not need to be done until just before ordering manuals.
- Teach the following subjects:
- Describe the history of Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® as described in the manual.
- Describe how to draw each symbol and have each student memorize them.
- Describe how to activate the symbols.
- Describe the uses of each symbol.
- Give the Center attunement or Ignition for each level taught.
- Provide practice time in the use of each symbol.
- If it is a master class, demonstrate and allow practice time for each attunement.
- Demonstrate and practice chanting and toning.
- Minimum class time requirements:
The Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® Master class is required to be taught in a minimum of 3 days. You can devote more time to the class if you choose, but remember that the pre-Ignition needs to be done a minimum of 24 hours and a maximum of 72 hours before the first Ignition.
- Require that a student is a Reiki master before taking any level of Karuna Reiki®. This is to ensure that the student has the use of the Usui master symbol and the ability to give attunements before going on to take any of the Karuna Reiki® classes.
- Require that a student practice as a Reiki master for a minimum of 6 months before taking any level of Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki®. This is necessary so that the student’s energy field will have been conditioned to more fully accept the higher frequency energies of Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki®
- Conduct a written test on the symbols.
Holy Fire® and Karuna Reiki® are registered service marks of William Lee Rand.