Reiki® Registration Program
Download Registration Form
Download Holy Fire Registration Form
Registration is for Karuna Reiki® Masters only who are ready to teach.
This program is only for Karuna students who have taken the Karuna Reiki® Master training from a teacher who is registered with the Center and has a registration number.
We have recently upgraded the Karuna Reiki® program. All Karuna students will receive a Karuna Reiki® certificate with seal from their teacher. If you become a Karuna Reiki® master and intend to teach, you’ll need to register with the Center. The registration form is available by clicking on the download link at the bottom of this article. Once registered, your name and registration number will go into our data base. Also you will be able to purchase your Karuna Reiki® manuals from us that will include the certificates and seals for your students. This program is based on our minimum teaching standards and code of ethics. These new standards improve the professional image of all who teach or practice Karuna Reiki® and create a more uniform level of quality for the training. Whenever you advertise Karuna Reiki® people will know they can expect a quality class or healing session.
To register with our new program, please use the registration form below. The Code of Ethics and the Minimum Teaching Standards are also listed below. Please read and agree with them before registering. You will also need to agree to abide by our minimum teaching standards and the code of ethics which are included with the forms.
Remember, you will need to continue to order all your Karuna Reiki® manuals from the Center. With each manual will come a class certificate with seal from the Center which you need to sign and fill in your students name and give to each student you teach. Also, we now have separate manuals for Karuna Reiki® Practitioner One, Practitioner Two, Practitioner One and Two combined and Master
of the program:
- Become associated directly with the Center as a Registered Karuna Reiki® Master.
- Receive your student certificates directly from the Center.
- The minimum standards and code of ethics create higher quality training and an improved professional image.
To comply you need to:
- Fill out the registration form and send it to the Center.
- Use our manual that you purchase from the Center.
- Explain the program to your students.
- Have your Karuna Reiki® master students who wish to teach fill out the registration form and send it to the Center. Master students who do not wish to teach do not need to register. Registration is not for Practitioner students.
- When you teach sign and fill in the students name on the certificate, place the seal and give it to the student. One certificate and seal is included with each manual.
This program raises the standards for Karuna Reiki® assuring that those who take the training will receive quality instruction. It also improves your professional image.
New Karuna Reiki® Program
Minimum Teaching Requirements
- Use the same Karuna Reiki® symbols taught by The International Center for Reiki Training and that appear in the ICRT Karuna Reiki® manuals.
- Use the same Karuna Reiki® attunement(s) taught by The International Center for Reiki Training and that appear in the ICRT Karuna Reiki® manuals. The attunements must be done in person. Distant attunements for initiation purposes are not part of the Karuna Reiki® program. For further information, please see the article on distant attunements on our web site, www.reiki.org.
- Use the Karuna Reiki® manual(s) offered by the Center as your class manual and provide one for each student. You must purchase these manuals from the Center or from one of our representatives - no photocopying is allowed. These manuals are sold at a discounted price to Registered teachers when purchased in lots of five or more of the same title.
- Explain the Karuna Reiki® trademark and registration information to master students, and obtain properly completed registration forms only from those who plan to teach.
- Issue the Center certificates to your student’s that are supplied with the Center manual. If your students intend to teach, explain the process of downloading the registration form, filling it out and sending it to the Center which will allow them to purchase manuals and certificates. Let them know that this does not need to be done until just before ordering manuals.
- Teach the following subjects:
- Describe the history of Karuna Reiki® as described in the manual.
- Describe how to draw each symbol and have each student memorize them.
- Describe how to activate the symbols.
- Describe the uses of each symbol.
- Give the Center attunement for each level taught.
- Provide practice time in the use of each symbol.
- If it is a master class, demonstrate and allow practice time for each attunement.
- Demonstrate and practice chanting and toning
- Minimum class time requirements:
- Karuna I practitioner, 5-7 hours.
- Karuna II practitioner, 5-7 hours.
- Karuna I Master 5-7 hours.
- Karuna II Master 5-7 hours. Note that most teach Karuna I&II master levels together in one class.
- Karuna I & II Master complete with practitioner and master training 14-21 hours and a minimum of 2 days.
- You can devote more time to each class if you choose.
- Require that a student has taken ART or what is also called 3A or Reiki master before taking any level of Karuna Reiki®. This is to ensure that the student has the use of the Usui master symbol before going on to take any of the Karuna Reiki® classes.
- Require that a student practice ART, 3A, or Reiki master for a minimum of 6 months before taking any level of the Karuna Reiki®. This is necessary so that the student’s energy field will have been conditioned to more fully accept the higher frequency energies of Karuna Reiki®
- Conduct a written test on the symbols.
- Be actively working on your own healing so as to embody and fully express the essence of Reiki in everything you do.
- Be in agreement with and working to fully express the Usui Ideals, the Center Philosophy and the Center Purpose.
- Be open to the continuing process of enhancing your professional qualifications, training, experience and skills.
- Respect and value all Reiki practitioners and masters regardless of lineage or organizational affiliation. Refrain from making negative statements about other Reiki practitioners or masters.
- Actively be working to create harmony and friendly cooperation between all Reiki practitioners and masters regardless of lineage or organizational affiliation.
- Encourage all students to use their own inner guidance in deciding who to receive Reiki treatments from or who to study Reiki with including the possibility of studying with more than one teacher.
- Openly encourage all your clients and students to do the best job possible with the Reiki program they are guided to use.
- Always work to empower your clients and students to heal themselves and to encourage and assist them in their personal growth as well as in the development of their Reiki practice.
- Always treat your students and clients with the greatest respect. Never engage in any illegal or immoral activity with your clients or students. Never touch their genital area or breasts, never ask them to disrobe, and never make sexual comments, jokes or references.
- Abstain from the use of drugs or alcohol during all professional activities.
- Practice Truth in Advertising. Be willing to openly discuss your training background, what is offered in a Reiki session, the subjects covered in your Reiki classes, the fee that is charged, and the amount of time spent in sessions or classes with any prospective students.
- Never use another person’s copyrighted material in your classes without permission and giving credit.
- Educate the client regarding the value of Reiki and explain that it does not guarantee a cure, and is not a substitute for medical or psychological treatment.
- Acknowledge that Reiki works in conjunction with other forms of medical or psychological care. If a client has a medical or psychological condition, suggest, in addition to giving them Reiki treatments, they see a licensed health care practitioner if they are not already seeing one.
- Never diagnose medical or psychological conditions or prescribe medications. Never suggest that a client change or end dosages of substances prescribed by other licensed health care providers or suggest the client change prescribed treatment or interfere with the treatment of a licensed health care provider.
A peer review committee will review reported violations of the ethical standards. If after investigation the incident is found to be a valid violation of the standards the committee may recommend revocation of Registered Status.
REGISTERED VERSUS LICENSED
The Registered Karuna Reiki® Program is a different program than our Center Licensing program. If you are taking the Karuna Reiki® training, there is no further training necessary. If you are taking the Karuna Reiki® master class, you will be qualified to teach at the end of the class. The Licensing program is more involved and requires at least 1 year of training including taking all the Center classes, reviewing them, co-teaching them with a Center Licensed teacher and more. If you would like to learn more about our Licensing program, please download a free copy of our Reiki Licensing Program Guidelines located in the Advanced Teacher Training Program section of our web site www.reiki.org.
Registration is for Karuna Reiki® Masters only who are ready to teach.